In this 90 second read, we look at how one kind act started a movement in America which has become increasingly popular in the UK over the past few years.
Monday 17 February is recognised as Random Acts of Kindness Day.
It’s a chance to do something positive, and what’s not to like about that?
Its origins are in America, but the feelgood factor has spread much further afield and has made its way to the sunny town of Bognor Regis.
At Whitlocks we will be getting involved and paying it forward. We have chosen to make a donation to My Sisters’ House CIC which is a Women’s centre located in Bognor Regis. They provide a range of support needs to women from all backgrounds facing all kinds of issues where their strengths are recognised, their difficulties acknowledged and where they can achieve positive change they are proud of. For more information on their services and support contact: https://www.mysistershouse.info
It doesn’t have to be grand gestures because when it comes to paying it forward, small things can have big impacts.
Below are ten simple things you can consider doing to get involved.
1) Let someone go before you in a queue.
2) Offer someone your seat on public transport.
3) Pay for someone’s morning coffee.
4) Pay a compliment to a stranger.
5) Text a friend and thank them for being them.
6) Do a 10-minute litter pick in your neighbourhood.
7) Drop off some clothes you no longer need to a charity shop.
8) Say good morning, with a smile, to a stranger.
9) Write a Google / Facebook review for a local business who serve you well.
10) Be kind to yourself – Take 10 minutes out of your busy day and do something you enjoy.
We’d love to hear what you’ve done to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Day so feel free to get in touch 01243 262747.
And remember ladies and gents, sharing really is caring, so if you found this article interesting, please ‘pay it forward’ by sharing it or tagging a loved one, friend or family member.